Thursday, April 30, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Now I wonder...if I were to format the type in some very extra special ways, would it show up that way in my blog? Let's see...
First, let's see a large RAINBOW!!!
Okay, that worked. But let's
center things up a bit.
Looking good. How about a web link? I just love to shop the Amazon.
And my final test will be to see if a photograph insert into the email will show up.
Check this out:
And that will do it. Looks like all the features worked. Or did they? I'll have no way to know until I actually send this email to publish the blog entry.
Friday, March 6, 2009
BrentSpiner: I'm thinking of starting a new company. Celebrity Limo. The twist is it's the celebrities who do the driving. I'll take Tuesdays.
byoung210: @BrentSpiner Has-been celebrities or current celebrities? I'll only try the service out if its Has-been.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Last night and this morning we finally had a real snow day. As any sane person would do when you get 8”-12” of snow, I first made sure to call out of work. I can’t drive all the way to Telford in this!
After that, you got to make sure you have a good breakfast for your snow day. So Jen was kind enough to make some great blueberry waffles with toasted walnuts on top. They were top notch!
Now that we had a full meal, we took a look outside to see that it was still snowing pretty good. What to do? We put on a Netflix instant watch movie on the Xbox and watch “Annie”. Good family film while the snow falls outside. Afterwards, there’s no need to power down the Xbox, so we played some video games.
Of course, snow days aren’t all play, and some driveway and sidewalk clearing was in order. So out comes the snow blower and shovels.
So now, after about 2-3 years of no proper snowfall, we enjoyed it to the fullest. Just when I thought any chance of REAL snow wouldn’t happen this year, it does. Hopefully we don’t have to wait this long again for a good snow day!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The vehicle creator tools are quite intuitive. And after a little while, you'll find it's not hard to create a car, plane, helicopter or boat. A lot of it comes down to common sense. For instance, if you want a vehicle to fly, it's going to need wings or propellers, and they need to be balanced on the vehicle.
What's the point of vehicle creation? To complete tasks that are given you to earn music notes, jiggies and T.T. trophies. There are a good variety of challenges. And while some may say they get repetitive, I do not mind this because they may be similar to other challenges, but then they put some variation into them. To complete challenges with good scores, this game really encourages outside of the box thinking. It's not always the most obvious vehicle type that will yield the best results.
The sound in the game is great too. The sound effects are very cartoonish, and add to the feel of the game. The music really shines through giving the feeling of fun to be had by the player.
Overall this is a great game for kids and adults. While it has vehicle creation, younger ones may have a tough time with that. As a result, the ability to buy vehicle blueprints is in the game. I know this has been very helpful for my 5 year old son, since understanding the basics of making a vehicle isn't easy for him. But over time, I have also noticed him trying to build things as he gets an understanding of the physics and what is needed to make a vehicle do a specific task.
I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants a good time with a game that allows you to shape what you get out of it. It encourages creativity and rewards you in spades for doing so. And at the cheap price it is selling for on Amazon, I would think this is a no brainer.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
TOP-SELLING HARDWARE - JANUARY 2009
Xbox 360: 309,000
PlayStation 3: 203,200
Clearly, Nintendo has a stranglehold on the market. With the DS and Wii they have been able to broaden the market of those who play video games. Some die hard video game players resent this fact, as they feel the games released on Nintendo's systems, do not sometimes really qualify as games. However, there is no denying they have opened this market up. And that really is a good thing.
Imagine die hard movie fans being upset because their favored style of movie wasn't the only one showing in theaters. No one thinks twice about that. Some like action movies, some like romantic comedies and so on. A field that has mass appeal comes in many varieties. This is now happening with the video game industry. And we have Nintendo to thank for it.
Xbox 360 hardware sales were also good and 33% higher than January 2008. They have recently tried to capture some of the audience that has gravitated to the Wii. And they have had some minor success with games like Scene It? Box Office Smash and Lips. I personally feel that Netflix streaming support is currently the killer app for the Xbox 360 and it will continue to help the console sell well. Which is ironic when you consider that games may not be the sole motivating factor that is contributing right now to the Xbox 360's success.
Playstation 3 hardware sales were okay and ultimately lower than January 2008 by 25%. Things currently don't look too good for the sales of the PS3. This mostly can be contributed to its high price tag, and no differentiating perception from the Xbox 360. Both these consoles are very similar and so when given the choice, especially in hard economic times, most people who decide to buy a console are going to buy the cheapest one they can find. I think that once the PS3 gets a reduction in price, you will see a good jump in its sales.
Now here is the sales data for the top ten selling video games for January 2009 (this does not include PC video game sales):
TOP-SELLING SOFTWARE - JANUARY 2009
Title / Publisher / Units*
1) Wii Fit w/ Balance Board (Wi) / Nintendo / 777,000
2) Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) / Nintendo / 415,000
3) Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel (Wii) / Nintendo / 292,000
4) Left 4 Dead (360) / Electronic Arts / 243,000
5) Call of Duty: World at War (360) / Activision Blizzard / 235,000
6) Skate 2 (360) / Electronic Arts / 199,000
7) Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii) / Activision Blizzard / 155,000
8) New Super Mario Bros. (DS) / Nintendo / 135,000
9) Mario Kart DS (DS) / Nintendo / 132,000
10) Lord of the Rings: Conquest (360) / Electronic Arts / 113,000
There's really only one thing that can be taken from this, and it's the apparentness of an expanding market. Except for Skate 2 & Lord of the Rings: Conquest, all those games have been out for a 2-8 months, or in the case of Wii Play, Mario KartDS, & New Super Mario Bros.,3-4 years. That tells me that new buyers are coming into the market and buying up old games they know are good. It's really quite amazing that after all this time, some of these games can still sell so well.
So those are the numbers and that is my take on it. Hope you enjoyed it!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
- Evidence has been given that Charlotte & Miles have both been on the island previously. They both started getting the nose bleeds. It appears that the longer you are on the island, the quicker the effect of time travel has on your health. So Charlotte has spent more time on the island than anyone else. Miles is next to have been on the island longes and then Juliet, since they all had the symptons come in that order. Which leads me to my next conclusion...
- Charlotte was born on the island. Not only that, but her mother, unlike other pregnant women, didn't die while giving birth on the island. A true mystery. I believe her mother is the woman who led Faraday out to disable the bomb, which is the same woman who we saw sickly and in bed that Desmond had visited. We found out that Widmore was helping to take care of her, and hints were given that she had the time travelling consciousness sickness that Desmond went through last season. So the final conclusion is that Charlotte is Charles Widmore's daughter as that woman and Widmore had a relationship on the island.
- Miles previous time on the island isn't given in detail but is hinted at. I believe he too has a variation of the time travelling sickness. The difference is he has slight control over it. Do you wonder how he seems to know when and where people have died? It's because he can control his time travelling conciousness and as a result he knows what has happened and how.
- Finally, and this one may be out there, I believe Jacob is really Jack from the future. The island keeps trying to bring Jack back. It's interesting when you note that Jack was bringing his dead father back in a coffin when the plane crashed. And now, Jack is going to go back to the island with a dead John Locke in a coffin. I believe this means that Christian Shepherd was on the island previously, just like Locke, and had to go off the island to "die", just like Locke and get Jack to bring him back. This is why Christian is alive now. Once back on the island, those dead off of the island are "resurrected" on their as a result of time having no relevance, so things can be "rewound" so to speak. This explains why Locke, who used to be crippled, can now walk and why Rose, who had cancer, had it disappear. All because they ended up on the island.
Next week, I'll go into why I believe that Jacob and Jack are the same person. And any other new theories I have after next week's episode "This Place Is Death".
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- Widmore, as we saw, was on the island in the past. He eventually must have become a leader of the other's and ultimately moved the island. Of course, whoever moves the island can't go back. This is why Widmore is on a quest to find the island. He feels Ben stole it from him.
- The island or someone, is moving Faraday, Locke and the others in the group through time stategically. It's trying to save itself. So they are moving about to crucial times to save the island. We saw how Faraday knew what to do with the bomb. He told the people of that time period how to do it. After they "jumped" to another time, those he told must have taken his advice. Had Faraday not been there to tell them, the island would have blown up. I believe we'll see more "saving" of the island in episodes to come.
- Jack, Kate, Ben and those off the island (including the dead Locke) need to return to save the island. It's crucial that these ones are on the island so it can move them through time to save the island also. By their leaving, they have potentially destroyed the island.
- Finally, I believe the show will end with the island in tip top shape and Jack as the leader of the others.
That's all that comes to mind right now. Stay tuned for next week.